Fun Facts About Teeth!
Teeth may be little, but there is much to learn about them! We have compiled a list of some fun facts about teeth for you here!
Fun Information About Your Teeth:
- Baby teeth are a set of 20 teeth.
- Adult teeth (permanent teeth) are a set of 32 teeth.
- Kids start getting their permanent teeth between ages 6 to 12.
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body and protects the teeth.
- In your whole lifetime, you will have spent about 38.5 whole days brushing your teeth.
- Also in your whole lifetime, you will have made about 25,000 quarts of spit!
- Flossing takes care of 40% of the tooth surface that brushing doesn’t!
- Tongue prints are unique to everyone, just like fingerprints.
- Also unique to just you: your teeth! No two people have the exact same teeth.
- Teeth are unable to self-repair, unlike other bones in the body. Take care of your teeth!
- One third of your tooth is actually UNDERNEATH your gums!
- There are blood vessels and nerves on the inside of your tooth.
- There are four different types of teeth: incisors, canine, premolars, and molars.
- Adults, have some fun! Kids laugh around 400 times a day compared to adults only laughing about 15 times a day.
- Dental plaque is made up of around 300 types of bacteria! (yuck)
- If your tooth gets knocked out, it will begin to “die” within 15 minutes!
- …So if your tooth gets knocked out, put it in milk to preserve it longer!
- Tooth decay is most common disease for kids!
- Reduce tooth decay by 25%! Brush your teeth twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime.
- Sharks have 40 sets of teeth in their entire lifetime, whereas humans just have their baby teeth and adult teeth.