Fun Facts About Teeth!
Teeth may be little, but there is much to learn about them! We have compiled a list of some fun facts about teeth for you here!
Fun Information About Your Teeth:
- Baby teeth are a set of 20 teeth.
- Adult teeth (permanent teeth) are a set of 32 teeth.
- Kids start getting their permanent teeth between ages 6 to 12.
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body and protects the teeth.
- In your whole lifetime, you will have spent about 38.5 whole days brushing your teeth.
- Also in your whole lifetime, you will have made about 25,000 quarts of spit!
- Flossing takes care of 40% of the tooth surface that brushing doesn’t!
- Tongue prints are unique to everyone, just like fingerprints.
- Also unique to just you: your teeth! No two people have the exact same teeth.
- Teeth are unable to self-repair, unlike other bones in the body. Take care of your teeth!
- One third of your tooth is actually UNDERNEATH your gums!
- There are blood vessels and nerves on the inside of your tooth.
- There are four different types of teeth: incisors, canine, premolars, and molars.
- Adults, have some fun! Kids laugh around 400 times a day compared to adults only laughing about 15 times a day.
- Dental plaque is made up of around 300 types of bacteria! (yuck)
- If your tooth gets knocked out, it will begin to “die” within 15 minutes!
- …So if your tooth gets knocked out, put it in milk to preserve it longer!
- Tooth decay is most common disease for kids!
- Reduce tooth decay by 25%! Brush your teeth twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime.
- Sharks have 40 sets of teeth in their entire lifetime, whereas humans just have their baby teeth and adult teeth.
Interested in learning more about the 20 (or 32!) teeth that you have? Check out this downloadable flier we made, or contact us!